MEMBERSHIP, ADMISSION & FEES
SHOW SOCIETY MEMBERSHIP
Code of Conduct
This code of conduct is one of the elements that bring the Maleny Show Society together. It describes who we are by way of acceptable behaviours and values. It is how we conduct ourselves within the organisation and in dealing with the public in situations where we are recognised as representing the Maleny Show Society. It represents the type of culture we strive to have and provides a shared expectation of the way we behave as individuals, towards each other, our members, sponsors, partners, staff, volunteers and other supporters. This Code supplements our legal obligations to other areas such as Health and Safety, Equal Opportunity and Privacy. It applies to all Maleny Show Society members and volunteers.
The Maleny Show Society recognises the importance of a harmonious environment which actively promotes best practice. The purpose of this code of conduct is to describe the standards of behaviour and conduct, expected from members, contractors and volunteers in their dealings with customers, suppliers, clients, staff, contractors, volunteers, management, the general public and any other stakeholders.
The Maleny Show Society expects that all members, staff, contractors and volunteers will observe the standards set out in this Code of Conduct. Compliance with this Code is expected, and non-compliance may result in disciplinary action for employees, contractors (including temporary contractors) and volunteers who may have their contract or relationship with the Maleny Show Society terminated or not renewed
Compliance behaviours and actions:
- Treat fellow members, staff, customers, clients, suppliers, co-employees, contractors, volunteers, management and the general public in a non-discriminatory manner and with dignity and respect.
- Show respect for differences of race, culture, religion, language, age, gender, and abilities of fellow members and volunteers.
- Avoid discrimination, victimisation, harassment or other unacceptable behaviours based on a person’s race, colour, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, union membership or non-membership, mental or physical disability, or any other classification protected by law.
- Recognise and respond to contributions and needs of fellow members and volunteers.
- Do not bully, harass, abuse, intimidate or behave in a discriminatory manner towards members, staff and volunteers.
- Follow any lawful and reasonable directions (verbal or written) given by persons authorised to do so.
- Respect the privacy of others.
- Comply with Workplace Health and Safety standard by not breaching these standards by neglect, ignorance or deliberate act.
- Comply with all Commonwealth, State and Local laws, policies, procedures, rules, regulations and contracts.
- Comply with guidance provided in policies outlined by Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies, Inc (QCAS), known locally as Queensland Ag Shows.
- Preserve the assets and resources of the Maleny Show Society by their appropriate use.
- Whilst employed by or volunteering with the Maleny Show Society, as well as after the termination/ conclusion of engagement, preserve the confidentiality of any information, records or other materials acquired during the volunteer/engagement/contract period.
- When attending other events, as a representative of the Show society, afford members of the public the same respect as you would with fellow members or volunteers.
- Never report for duty and/or provide services under the influence of illicit drugs or alcohol.
- Disclose any (perceived) conflict of interests.
Terms and Conditions of Membership
Any person may, by being duly nominated by a current financial member and having their nomination accepted at a General Committee Meeting, and by payment of the annual subscription to the Secretary, be duly constituted a member and have all the rights and privileges of membership. Only adults 18 yrs and over will have membership rights.
The Maleny Show Society’s membership year is equivalent to a calendar year, being 1st January to 31st December. Membership is open from 1st January, however any membership applications received in April and May may not be considered and accepted by the management committee in time for the annual show admission to be granted, so get in early if you want your show tickets.
Membership to Maleny Show Society affords the member the following privileges:
Admission to grounds for duration of the show for adult members upon production of membership tickets.
Admission of member’s children (under 18 yrs) when accompanied by a current member.
The right to vote at the annual or any special general meeting.
Members may also receive information from our sponsors.
Single Adult $20, Single Pensioner $15, Couple/Family $40 (includes members own children, up to 3 children under 18).
Online payments can be made by bank transfer, in person at show office or via post.
CODE OF CONDUCT
By becoming a member of the Maleny Show Society, you agree to read and agree to the code of conduct of the society.See CODE OF CONDUCT
please see home page for general entry ticket sales
(07) 5494 2008
13 Maleny-Stanley River Rd, Maleny
P.O Box 310, Maleny, QLD 4552